Thursday, October 3, 2019

A Man's Purse? Tat Days, Class Second.

    I doubt I will carry it, but it was fun to make. Oh, wait. That was going to be my last line for this post. Well, it was fun to make. And quick, too, actually.
    This was to be my second class at Tat Days this year. When I started it, first thing I did was read the pattern. The second thing I did was e-mail Sharren.




    Sharren Morgan designed (I think) and taught this pattern. It is her Edwardian Coin Purse, and that is why I asked, "A Man's Purse?". The kit for it was simply the clasp. You can find them online pretty easily. Then I chose gray for my thread. Well, you didn't think I was going to carry pink, did you? Actually, I probably would. I am too old to care what people think. The only thing I can think of that might improve this would be to add a silk liner, but I am not going to.
    I don't know if she is making the pattern public, but it is on the CD from the Palmetto Tatters Guild for Tat Days 2019 HERE.

9 comments:

  1. Your purse looks wonderful! Now I can't remember if I ordered the CD or not. It looks like there were some great classes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very manly, Tim but I can imagine you not giving a jot if you’d made it in pink and went out and about using it!! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. I think I’d add a lining. Contrasting fabric perhaps, would show the pattern up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably needs a lining, but honestly, I have no idea how to do it. I am far, far from being a seamstress of any sort.

      Delete
  4. It's definitely Sharren's design. She's good, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Tim! If you leave it unlined I will gleefully follow you and collect the loose change.....for a price, of course! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tatting. I like kits like that. I agree about the lining and about how to sew it in. My last attempt didn't quite work the way I thought it should. Perhaps there is a Youtube?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if I found out how to do the lining, I doubt I would add it. I don't even like sewing tatted edging on. The only sewing I care to do, and not a lot of it, is on my machine. I can do basic stuff with it and that is about all I know about sewing.

      Delete