Monday, October 28, 2019

A New Cap

    Now and then I will do something a little different. I do know how to knit and crochet so the other day when I was in WalMart, I spotted a color of yarn I had never used, camoflage. I had to try it. I usually make a new cap every year, though not usually for me. I have one that has worn well for several years. I do have friends that like them, though, so I will probably give this one away. 

    I like to work on double pointed needles. I have used circular but this has become my favorite way. The point of all this rambling is not really the cap or the knitting, but the point stoppers. I kept dropping stitches off the ends where I was not working. This has been going on for years, but I am a bit slow. I have never used them before because they are called point protectors and I keep my needles in cases, therefore I thought I did not need them.
    I dropped into JoAnns and bought 8. They stay on well and keep my knitting on the needles. I use 5 needles. As I get to the next one, that cap comes off and goes to the needle I just finished with, sort of rotating them around as I work. And these do work. One more minor problem fixed.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice color and perfect time of year to start this sort of project 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That never occurred to me either! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little point protectors come in handy for so many different things. I use them with my double points, and I also use them to protect the tips of my embroidery scissors when I'm not using them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a great idea, Tim and I’ll try to remember that when I next get back to socks!!!! Are those carbon knitting needles you’ve got? They’re so good to use but now I’ve got bamboo which I also love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are the Karbonz. Love them. Bought a whole couple of sets. I got the sock set and the bigger size set.

      Delete
  5. I like to use double pointed needles too, I like the idea of stoppers, good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your yarn color. Tatalicious used to dye camo HDT tatting thread but she hasn't been around for a while. Used point protectors when using double pointed needles but haven't knit for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete