Friday, October 25, 2019

A Charming Charm.

    At Tat Days 2018 I got to meet Vicki Clarke. A charming young lady and an excellent tatter of course. Unfortunately she could not make it to Tat Days 2019, but she did send a small project for everyone. This is her Honey Comb Charm.

    The kit had about 5 yards of yellow thread, size 20, and a hex shaped piece of wood. Mine has a gem glued to the center. I suppose they all did. It is on both sides. There is a small card with her web address instead of instructions. That is fine. I copied the instruction and made a print. I put it aside to finish my class work for Tat Days first.
    Yesterday I was reading Bernice's blog and saw she had finished hers. It looks a lot better than mine. This spurred me to go ahead and do mine. Since I am knitting a hat right now, I wanted a break. I am a slow knitter, much faster at tatting.
    It took me 2 tries to do it. Well, I said it came with yellow thread. The blue I used came from a ball laying on my desk. Why? Because, as usual, I screwed up the first try. I made one whole side before realizing I had forgotten a join, all the way around. Oh, well. Toss it and do over.So now I have a blue one. Back to the needles. You may also notice another "difference", but now it is done.

6 comments:

  1. I really MUST get mine out and make it up. Thanks for the nudge, Tim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can miss a few picots and it will still work. I skipped a few maling samples lol. Looks great!❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so inspired by the pattern, I bought a bag of hexies! I guess I should find my yellow thread and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, tatting has taught you persistance. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Screw what up as usual??? I have a hard time believing that. If you've succeeded with computer stuff, you are probably more successful tatting than you realize. Courage my friend.

    ReplyDelete