I like to make things with my 3D printer. I made shuttles and cluny looms for Tat Days 2016.
The shuttle pattern is one I found on Thingiverse for a 3" shuttle. I reduced it to just under 2" and can print 24 at a time. I gave away about 500 of them at Tat Days. I will probably make 1000 for next year. They seemed to go fast. The shuttles are not sturdy like a clover. They are thin and flimsy. I call them teaching shuttles. My intent was to use them as give-aways for beginners. They do work. but they are rough. I cleaned them up a bit, but not perfectly, like a clover. Several people liked working with them, though. I use a few at home now and then. These are just finished printing.
The cluny loom I do is an original design. I saw the one that Richard Seitz makes from wood. Then I opened my 3D software and started working on a design of my own. I came up with the one shown here. I have 10 holes because that is what fits. I usually supply 10 pins. If you drop a couple, you still have enough. You normally only use 4.
To thread this loom, come off the pinch to the left, around 3 pins and back to the pinch, under the finger. Now go to the last pin and back under the finger, then to the center pin of the group of 3 on the left. Wrap around this pin to tie off the loom. Once the pin gets a little looser from wear, you can raise it and trap the thread under it instead of wrapping it.
I ran out of orange while printing a new loom. I checked and found out that all I have to do is go to pause on the printer, then the printer homes the head and table. Once homed, it locks them into position. Now unload the color I am out of, in this case orange. Then load the next spool of filament. I loaded green. I clicked resume and it went right back to work and finished the loom, no problem. Nice to know!
I wanted a stand for my phone. As I am working, a text comes in or email arrives. I also wanted it to be able to let the phone charge. I went looking on Thingiverse and found this. Now the bad thing was that after I printed the second one, my bed heater quit. I had to order a new one. Total cost is about $90. If that is all then that is not too bad. And it is simple to replace. I should be back in business in about a week, after it arrives. This really works a treat.