Sunday, October 13, 2019

More Coriolis-es

    I went to the state fair yesterday with the Palmetto Tatters Guild. Upon arrival I helped set up for the day. Once people started coming in we got fairly busy talking, sharing stories and demonstrating tatting.A lot of people remember Grandma had tatted lace on something, a doily, a collar, a tea towel.
    I didn't really make anything there, just some rings and chains for demonstration purposes. Nothing to keep. Others were making and handing out small items. I did display the Juliana Doily. A lot of people liked that. I also got a lot of compliments on my tatted Dr. Who Bow Tie that Anita Barry designed and taught at Tat Days a couple years ago. I mounted it on a tie clip. The old photo of it is here.

    While I was talking to Theresa, she showed me 3 of her Coriolis motifs she had done in 3 different sizes. She had them in sizes 20, 40 and 80 thread. She said something about being told I would do size 120. I suppose that is close enough to King Tut thread.
    I tried to start it, but with all the visitors to talk to, questions to answer and demonstrations of stitches, I just did not have time. I did bring home what I started, though, and this is the result. The one on the right is in size 20. The left one is King Tut quilting thread. You can see easily the size difference. It really was not that hard to do. I just like doing fine work, I suppose.

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, always nice to demo your kind for sharing🌻

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tatting with quilting thread. I've even wound it with Kreinik sliver filament. I too like fine work, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to see the same pattern in different size threads. Sounds like a fun day, but not one for complicated patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do enjoy seeing motifs in different thread sizes. I'm tempted to pull out my King Tut, but I have bookmarks and Ice Drops to tat for December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An ice drop in King Tut thread...Hmmm...

      Delete
    2. Maybe with a very small Swarovski crystal and a changed stitch count!

      Delete
  5. I love your King Tut tatting :)

    ReplyDelete