Sunday, September 9, 2018

Depressed

    I am now in depression. Why? I just got back from Tat Days. Well that should have you pretty well on the up and up. No, I had to leave the company of a lot of great friends and acquaintances. The biggest thrill about Tat Days is really not the thread work, it is the people you meet and talk and tat with. Sure, the classes are great. I learned some good technique, made some nice things, saw other nice things. But the people are the main event. For instance, where else would I have ever met Randy Houtz? Or Georgia Seitz? Or Jane Eborall? (OK, Jane was not here this time, but I met her at Tat Days) Or any of the many other people that are so wonderful to spend time with. I would only meet them at Tat Days, probably. So now I am home and already missing everyone. Let me say thanks to all of you I did get to meet and talk with. You made my Tat Days.

    Now, about the classes. I took 4 classes. The first one was Randy Houtz's alternating thread technique. I already had the book, but was not quite getting the idea. Randy made it easy. He explained in good detail and did not mind questions at all. I totally enjoyed that. We did not have a "project" to do because it was a technique class, but I did make a bit of a sampler. Once I did this little bit, the idea presented itself and now I am fairly confident that I understand his method.
     Now, I said that was my first class, but there was another short class for early birds. It was a technique class also, taught by Mary Anna Robinson.We made a leaf using thread bars. Interesting idea and it looked good. Thanks Mary Anna.
    More on Tat Days in a day or so. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Staying tuned!!! Missed going to America or Canada this year so definitely planning to go on a trip next year. Hope to meet you again, Tim. Enjoyed spending time with you in Mimi's class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sounds like a wonderful time I will try for next year. I went to Indiana and was overwhelmed by all the wonderful people and great time i am sure this will be great to attend, by readings of everyone's adventures 😀🌻😀

    ReplyDelete