Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tat Days 2

     When choosing classes for Tat Days I like to try to find something with a bit of a challenge to it so I look over the schedule and choose those first. Then I will find something to fill the empty slots if I can. I often will do a class because I like the teacher. I like Sharren Morgan. She is such a nice person to talk to, soft spoken and very easy to get along with. This year she was doing a class called Myrtle the Turtle. I jumped on it. Now, the objective of the class was to get the hang of Catherine Wheel Joins (CWJ). I have only made a few hundred of these lately but the class was interesting anyway. Actually, I ended up helping a couple other tatters learn the join the easy way.
    Anyway, I made the turtle pretty handily out of size 20 thread. That evening was the auction. During the auction (yes I did bid and make a purchase) I decided to tat another turtle. I did it in King Tut thread this time. (I am told that is about a size 130.) In the photo you can see the result. Yes, I did the CWJ joins, just as in the larger one. I don't think it looks too bad at all, even if the tail did get a bit loose.

4 comments:

  1. Fun turtles that thread color works out nicely for the little fellows 🌿🦋🌿

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smooth joins! Nice to read about Tat Days. What's "the easy way"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Sharren. She's such a lovely lady and has a wicked sense of humour too!!! Love your turtles.

    ReplyDelete