Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Repairs

    One thing I will say, this doily has been an adventure. I am now working round 12, the penultimate round, and I was working away yesterday when i noticed one place kept bunching up. I laid out the doily on the table and saw that I had missed one entire repeat of the pattern and that the attachment points on round 11 were laying bare and loose. I don't really want to un-tat that much work, so the first thing I did was snip it apart at that location.
    Now I have it apart, I pulled loose the left side ring and chain, leaving enough thread to tie and sew up. I wound a couple more shuttles with a few yards of thread and attached, then re-tatted the repeat that should have been there all along. For some reason, the ring on the right had no inclination to undo ( I did pull on it in different directions several times to test it), so I simply worked to it and attached. I may put a spot of Fray Check on it later.
    I think it came out pretty well. You have to look closely to see where I added it back in. Now on with the rest of the round. I would like to finish this round before going to Tat Days next week.

4 comments: