Thursday, September 13, 2018

Another Picture of the Broomstick Teapot

    I am off today, waiting for the storm this evening, so I am playing with getting better photos. I think I may have hit on the solution. One thing that really bothers me is finding a way to get the reflections of the light off the photo so the stitches show more clearly. The photo below has accomplished that. I had gone to WalMart and found some 9x12 (I think) sheets of black felt. I put the teapot on my scanner and covered it with the black felt because the lid is white inside. This is how it looks after the scan.
    I think this is the way to go. It is clearer than using my phone camera and no reflections to deal with. I do need to clean off the lint specks, though.
    Now that I have that sorted, I am going to try to figure out how to use the GR-8 shuttle I bought at Tat Days and try to finish my last project.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are on high ground. It looks like the amount of rain is going to be a major problem! Hunker down and stay safe. From a former Floridian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tea pot, and I'll bring the cookies :) I do love felt and buy different colors having them ready to lay under different colors of tatting, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had success using a sheet of scrapbook paper over my tatting in the scanner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe, Tim and look after Barbara too. Love the teapot but I love all of Martha's patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black felt makes it very clear and colors pop. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete