I am back on the third round of the doily I am doing in the Sulky thread. I have been experimenting again and I like how this is working. If you look at the first picture, you can see that the core thread (oranges) is not really where I want it because If I start where it is right now, I will have a hole between the rings. I checked the photo in the book and it shows a gap like that. I just don't want that. I want to close it up.
I passed the core thread through the left ring of the trefoil, then passed the shuttle through that loop. When I pulled it tight into the crotch of the ring, it has relocated the start of the core thread back closer to the chain thread. Now when I do the next few stitches, the threads appear to all come from one central location. I think it looks better, cleaner and gets rid of "Gapsosis", as Georgia calls it.
Now to finish the round.