Monday, September 7, 2020

Tat Days 2020

     It's over. Tat Days 2020 is history. But, man, was it a blast! This has been a successful several days for me. First, I now have a road tested car that previously had only been out of town once. Performed like a charm. Second, I learned something in every class I took. Third, there is nothing like seeing old friends. And young ones too. Haha.

    This is the first piece from a class I have finished. It is Martha Ess's block tatted rainbow. It used encapsulation to hide ends. I haven't done that before so it was really of interest. If you know me, then you know I really like finding new techniques and this one was pretty cool. I was able to finish this in class by staying "after the bell" an extra 10 minutes. We had an hour until the next class anyway. I think it turned out pretty well.

I will talk more about Tat Days in a few days. I want to finish all my projects, so I have at least 3 more posts coming, but first I have to tat them. Please stand by!

5 comments:

  1. Standing by but I may have to sit or lie down from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane we can bring you a cot to nap on.
      I'm waiting with you but 6 feet apart...it's kinda covidy out there

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time. I love Tat Days and really missed it this year. Hopefully, I'll see you next year.
    LindaR

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see what you tat together! I miss getting together in person. Hoping to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another question: Will the handouts, including yours, be available on the CD for this year?

    ReplyDelete