Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Customer!

     I have a customer! Well, it is not a paying customer. Ok, it's something for a friend. The fellow next door likes my tatting so he asked me if I could make something for his mother. Having just finished the Beatrix doily, I was looking for my next project. Sure. No problem.

    I had also just purchased the patterns for Renulek's Spring Napkins, 2014 through 2020. I did not get the 2018 as I had bought that pattern 2 years ago. Now I have them all, unless she has them before 2014. Just the spring napkin patterns, remember. 

    So anyway, I called him over and let him look through some books and patterns. He saw the pattern for Renulek's Spring Napkin 2020 and insisted that was the one. He did not know that it was the one I had decided to make for myself if no one had asked me to do a doily. Now is that serendipity? I told him to choose a thread. He liked the Julianna doily on my coffee table and said that was the thread size he wanted. Yes I also showed him a King Tut doily. I asked what color. He had no idea so I told him white always goes with everything. 


    I am now on round 3. Here is a picture of round 2 completed. It is already 4" across. Want to believe I am working in size 20? I may make this in King Tut later just for myself.

5 comments:

  1. Good to have a home for it before you even start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s great when somebody asks you to make something for them. I’m in that position at the moment too. Mind it’s going to stretch my crochet skills immensely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'll be a biggun! Your center looks spot-on too. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i did that oe and forgot how beautiful it was 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I believe I have all of Renulek's patterns. Now I just need to tat them!

    ReplyDelete