Wednesday, September 9, 2020

More From Tat Days 2020

     I finally started looking through the Tat Days CD. While I was in Toccoa I saw people making these little covers for a small retractable key ring. I looked in my goodie bag and there was one of the key rings. On the CD I found the pattern that they were using to make the cover. This morning I took an hour and made mine. It is really a modified ice drop type of pattern.

    My spring cover on the ring is a dark gray so I wanted something that would stand out. I was going to use Lizbeth color #100, but then found that I need size 10, not size 20, which is all I have color #100 in. I checked the very limited supply of size 10 and #677 is all I had that I liked for this. Green is my favorite color. I like it.

The pattern was adapted by Diane Daiker from the Flower City Tatters in Rochester, NY. Thanks, Diane!!

5 comments:

  1. That's lovely, Tim! I'll have to dig mine out! I think pink might be in order.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fun. It's a shame I don't use a retractor any more. It's ever the way, isn't it?
    LindaR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one made by Diane that I won in a silent auction a few years ago. They are super handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the retractor cover! I know I have several around the house, and I'm always looking for quick tatting projects.

    ReplyDelete