Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Another Stawasz Doily

    It has been a month since I posted here. It has not been a good month. Most of you probably heard my wife passed away on November 24th. It has been rough and lonely without her.
    To help with some of that I decided I needed a tatting project. Something that will last a while because now I have a lot more time to myself. The one I chose was the first doily in Jan Stawasz's book Tatted Treasures. (The red cover one.) I am on round 3 of that doily. You can see about how big it is compared to my shuttles.. Of course, I am using King Tut thread in a variegated color from ecru to a tan. It will look good on my coffee table when I am through.

    Tatting seems to take most of my concentration and relaxes me. Once again, I put a train video on the TV and let it play. I have cleaned and rearranged so I have a pretty nice place to tat. And tea. I do make hot tea. Soothing.

9 comments:

  1. I had not heard. My condolences. This will begin a new chapter in your life. Please allow us, and particularly your local friends, to walk with you on this journey. Take care and tat on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good project to get involved in and keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tim, I am so sorry. I gasped when I saw the news in your post. I will keep you in my prayers.

    Take care of yourself and take time to grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would look even better on MY coffee table, Tim. Oh, just realised - I don’t have a coffee table!!!! What a coincidence - I’m working on a pattern from that book too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shock! I'm so sorry to hear (read) your sad news.

    Your doily is off to a good start, and the color looks very nice. King Tut comes in such wonderful colors. It will be beautiful on your table.

    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, King Tut thread, good to see you keeping busy. Tatting calms my mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to read of your wife's passing. You have my deepest condolences.

    Your tatting is lovely, as always. I keep thinking it's time to work with my King Tut thread again, but instead I keep trying to use up my stash of larger threads. I think I need a major de-stash so that I can concentrate on using my finer threads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tim, I hereby dub you "Tiny Tim" for your love of tiny, teensy threads!

    I am also shocked to hear of your wife's passing. You have many friends surrounding you who are here to help. Raymond and I are here for you and will be praying for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your wife. Remember all your wonderful times and memories you made together. Acknowledge the tough parts and trust God to carry you through.

    I agree that tatting helps to distract and relax. Take care
    Sarah from Ohio

    ReplyDelete