Thursday, December 19, 2019

Making Progress

    I have been busy lately, cleaning out the house and getting paperwork done, but I have made some progress on the doily. I am into round 5 on this one now. There are 10 rounds. Does this mean I am half done? NOOOO! Remember, the rounds get longer as you go further from the center.Half way is probably something like round 7.

    This one is a little challenge so far, not difficult, but you do need to pay attention. For instance, in round 4, the chains constantly change. There are not 2 in a row that are the same. Round 5 is a bit more forgiving. Only one real chain count and 2 differing rings.
    I will be taking this one to the Palmetto Tatters Guild meeting this Saturday. I have missed the last year's meetings so I am really excited to be able to get to one.

8 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous. Remind me which pattern it is, please, Tim. I'm looking for something to take with me to craft groups - once I've finished my current projects, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tatted Treasures by Jan Stawasz. First pattern in the book. The one with the red cover.

      Delete
  2. It looks good so far, Tim! I'm still on a knitting and crocheting binge with a little tatting thrown in here and there. I have two Christmas gifts to finish, and then I can think about projects such as this one. Enjoy your guild meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks beautiful already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the difaculty with paying attention to tatting and this time of year it's seem hard to focus on complacated patterns. Your doing great though it's lovely ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very nice. I'm working on a different one (in King Tut thread) from that same book. Yours looks so good, when I finish the current one, I may "need" to give the first pattern in the book a try. When you've got it finished, I'm curious about the size. I know it won't be 40 cm! :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doily is looking great! I'm sending this wish with a lotta patience to finish up the paperwork. It took me years coordinating with my brothers. I hope your journey is less frustrating. But then, you'll be tatting, so less frustration.....right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tatting lessens that frustration. It keeps my mind off things and much calmer. Like the saying goes, "Keep Calm and Tat On".

      Delete