Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A New Year's Resolution?

    I resolve to - finish this doily. And block a few others that need it. Ok, ok. I know that is pretty lame, but I can keep those resolutions. I really don't get into the resolution thing. I usually just do what has to be done.
   So. I have started round 8 of 10. I am dreading round 9. There are motifs all around that are done individually, which means tails.
    You may notice that I like to do continuous tatting when possible. If you look at where I started this round, I started with a chain. I did the split chain to come out of round 7, but usually I am on a ring. Not this time. At least it was not difficult. I just don't remember ever doing that.
    Some have asked how big this is. After round 7 I show 5", unblocked. It will probably be about 8 inches, best guess. When I am done I will measure it and we will see just how small King Tut thread makes it. I would bet it would be twice that in size 20.

6 comments:

  1. Tim, it's beautiful! The ends are part of the tatting journey. If you develop a love of hiding ends, they are no big deal. Now there's a resolution. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, I know that it is just part of it. I just don't do it if I can avoid it.

      Delete
    2. In the interest of full disclosure, I do have a nearly finished doily (pine cones by Ben Fikkert) that will likely never see the light of day for lack of ends being hidden on each of the 36 florets on the border. Hee.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the measurement I need to make 3 8 inch doilies and that is with the superior thread I do believe? Its gorgeous and Happy New Year 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I see how big this next round is going to be, I think it will end up around 10" Round 8 is going to add 2" because of the way it is designed. Round 9 will probably do the same. Yes, the thread is King Tut from Superior Threads.

      Delete
  3. Looking beautiful Tim, wishing you a happy new year and a better year for you.

    ReplyDelete