Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Test Completed

    You know that I am doing the test tat for Jane Eborall for her Julianna Doily that she developed (Lord know how!) from a photo in a book from 1953. Yes, there were some errors, though nothing really major. I have submitted them to her and she may publish the pattern soon, though I really do not know that for sure.

    Here is the completed doily. It took a while mostly on round 9. There are 88 of the little flowers and as you tat them, they do not connect to each other. Do you know what that means? As you are working them, the previous ones always try to get twisted into the thread you are working with and you have to stop and untangle a mess.
    I got through it and round 10 really pulled it all together. It ties all the flowers together and makes "bouquets" around the outer area. I think it is a nice effect.
    Now I have to figure out what to do with it. I think I will show it at the state fair, though I will not enter it into competition. Too late for that. I was not sure I would complete it, so I did not enter it. Then I wanted to put it on my dresser, but it is too wide (16"). I may give it away or let the guild sell it. We will see what happens. Perhaps I should send it to Jane to reside with her blue one.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much, Tim. I will get it up on my pattern page as soon as I can. Perhaps I’ll get it done over the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks to you I just need to check your last few emails to pick up on alterations done when I was away and then make sure everything sits on the pages properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgous Tim and it's weird you mentioned the flowers and the hangups cause I am struggling with an edging I started and it has same type flower situation that is annoying too. But a beautiful end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO pretty! Great job Tim!

    Um.... I can find a home for it at my house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks wonderful, worth the hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job on that very beautiful doily!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful done, Tim! I've only tatted one oval doily, and I found it quite challenging. I look forward to trying out Jane's pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice she did it in blue? I got to see it a couple weeks ago at the guild meeting. It is gorgeous.

      Delete
  7. That doily is on my must tat list! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete