Monday, September 16, 2019

Coriolis Attempted

    It's been about a year since I have been able to attend a meeting of the Palmetto Tatters, but last Saturday I did. I had a great time catching up with people and met a couple of new friends. While I was there our lesson was given by Jane Eborall. She taught her motif, the Coriolis Motif. I think she said this one was not yet on her website.

    I have, in the past, worked block tatting, so I thought I would have no trouble. Look at the top of my motif. Blatant, very obvious mess-up. That chain sticking out from the center with the picot on it just stands out, but that is not what is incorrect. I have tatted, in green, an extra chain, just off the previous one. I was supposed to have done that one in gold and attached back to picot that now stands alone. The rest of the arms are correct, though they need a little "adjusting".
    That is what I get when I am distracted talking to people. I lose my concentration because I am chatting away. It was worth it, though, to get to talk my friends and acquaintances again. Now I am home, I can make another. Correctly!

6 comments:

  1. It looks a tricky pattern, but worth mastering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, actually, the way she does this is really quick and easy. My mistake was not paying attention to what I was doing while talking to everyone I had not seen for a year. I think she will publish this on her pattern site soon.

      Delete
  2. Nice meeting you Tim. That motif looks tricky, I will be watching her site for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you face to face, though mine probably scared you off. Haha. That motif is not really tricky. Like I said, I was talking more than tatting so I messed up. Jane's method is quick and pretty easy. It was harder to do the split rings in the middle, and they are easy too.

      Delete
  3. It's always fun to try new patterns, and I always seem to learn something when I work one of Jane's patterns. It's nice to see the green and gold color combination, our school's colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the school colors where I taught also. That is just serendipity, though. I did not conciously choose those. It is what came to hand from the drawer. Nice combination, isn't it?

      Delete