Saturday, September 28, 2019

Tat Days Lesson One

    I signed up for 4 classes at Tat Days this year. I could not stay, but I did get the patterns, so I am going to do them. The first one I was scheduled into was the Sonata Doily, taught by Melanie Cervi. I could not stay for the class but I did make it a point to see and talk to her. I had been wanting to meet her, so now I have. Very nice lady, interesting to talk to. I wish I could have talked music with her more. I do enjoy the classics, particularly opera.
     This doily was to be made as we discussed music. The piece she suggested was by Bach. I listened to that one, but I did switch to another one that I really prefer, which is not to say that the first was not good, just preference. She explained in her literature with the pattern how she relates her tatting to music. Interesting, really and truly. She also had a couple of helpful "handouts" to go with it.
    I did this in gold for the first 2 rounds, then white for the second two. It is King Tut thread, Old Gold #976 and Temple #993. Tatting it was not difficult. Sewing ends may be for some because of the thread size. I just use a very fine sharp needle. I also use a magnifier sometimes, but not always.
    I am not sure about copyrights so you may want to check with her. She goes by "picotsnkeys" and has a blog by that name, http://picotsnkeys.blogspot.com/ . She also comments here so you can follow her link from her name if you prefer.
    Now for the next class project!

1 comment: