Monday, July 8, 2019

Testing 1, 2, 3

    Some of you may have already guessed this, but Jane Eborall needed a test tatter for the Juliana doily pattern that she figured out. I checked with her after a bit and she had no takers so I volunteered. Being recently retired, I figured I would have the time. Of course, that is a fools statement. I think I work more now than I did when employed.
    I did not mention this before because I knew, as you did, that she was finishing it and sewing it down and was going to have a reveal on her blog. Now she has told me I can blog what I am doing with it. Thanks, Jane.

    Jane never fails to amaze me. That she could pull all this from a poor photo is almost unbelievable. But she did it. There are 10 rounds. I am working on round 7. I have found a few minor mistakes, but nothing to really get excited about. Mostly things like stray picots in the diagrams and that sort of thing.
     I did get my knickers in a twist in round 6. I thought that she was doing a DNRW and SS where it was not needed. It took me a while and several contortions to realize she was exactly correct. I had just not really understood the reasoning behind the method, but it worked so well once I did understand. I felt the fool and I did apologize for the aggravation.
    The doily as shown in the photo, using size 20 thread (not King Tut, as I am wont to do) measures 19" long and 10" wide. I have not ironed it out yet. There are 3 rounds to go. It's going to be big. I hope to finish soon. I want to take it to Tat Days. More as I progress.

6 comments:

  1. Jane is a wonder! And you'll have a gorgeous doily when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great so far! I always chuckle at myself when I Think I know more hours then a designer and then find out why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don’t realise how many pairs of knickers I got in a twist working it out, Tim!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your retirement! I think you do work more, but you do it for yourself rather than for an employer. And tatting is not really work :)
    The doily is really interesting. I look forward to Jane's story about it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I accomplished more while I was working than I do in retirement! I wonder that I was able to find time for anything, especially when the girls were in school. I guess we all adapt to the time we have.

    The doily looks great! Second guessing the designer always gets me in trouble. I'm learning to follow directions as given, and I'm often surprised at how right the designer is. Learning to follow directions is one of my greatest challenges!

    ReplyDelete