Monday, June 24, 2019

Logged Off

    Yes, I know it was Sunday, but that was the only day the tree people were able to get time to squeeze me in. They arrived yesterday at about 11 am, driving about 90 miles to do the job. Seems they work here and in Columbia area. They said they had a big job going but since the weather called for rain, they would do it then.
    The first thing I had to do was move Malibu, the neighbor's cat. She liked sleeping under the fallen tree. She is 18 years old and we would like to keep her around a bit longer.
    I am still amazed that the air conditioning unit did not get hit. I had the service man here that morning to work on the unit and he checked it, cleaned it, pronounced it in great shape. Then the tree fell. One of the first things I did was check the unit and the tree had fallen all around within 6 inches but didn't hit it. Talk about luck!
 
    It took all day but they got the logs off the house and were able to put the tarp over it. The edges of the roof at the corner and up the side were destroyed and there is about 2 feet of roof  that is now a hole where the tree hit. There is a puncture up the roof a ways about 5 feet from the edge. The tarp covers all that well so I should not get any leaks.
    I still have a little brush to pick up, but that won't take long. Now to find a roofer that will do the repairs.
    Oh, by the way, one of the tree guys had his wife with him. While they worked, I demonstrated tatting to her. She seems interested and lives close to where the Palmetto Tatters have their meetings. I told her that. Maybe she will drop by sometime.

4 comments:

  1. Whew - at least the tree is off! A big step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nightmare for you. I’m so, so sorry to hear about it and can imagine how much tatting time you’ve lost. Good thing is that nobody was hurt and that the AC unit survived too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you I'm in Tennessee and some violent storms came through here too. Glad you are all okay. Looks like a beautiful peaceful home and place otherwise🦋

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... now you have me second guessing my decisions about all the trees I've asked Dave to plant over the years!

    ReplyDelete