Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Last Waves

    Well, this is a fine kettle of fish. I will be home for a while now. No, I did not lose my job, just my ability to walk normally. I have been caring for the wife for several months because she has been incapacitated with sciatica. That progressed through a few things and she is getting better, though the sciatica is not gone. I went to work last Tuesday morning and my back was hurting. I figured that I had pushed too hard at yard work and since I have a stand-up desk, that I would raise it and work out the back. By noon I realized that now I was suffering from sciatica too! I told her I caught if from her. Of course, that is absurd, but we had a laugh in our misery. My doctors appointment is Dec. 28. This is going to take a few weeks.
    Meanwhile, since now I am laid up, I get bored. So what do I do? Catch up on my tatting. I have one more set of wave earrings to do for the ladies at the mill, so now I have them done. Below you see the pair in blue. This pair is made with a chrome silver bead in the center and silver lined glass crystal seed beads. I am going to drop them off and let the 2 ladies sort out for themselves who gets what.


I think this is the last pair I need to make for a while. I like making these but there are other things I need or want to move on to doing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I’m so sorry to hear you’ve ‘caught’ sciatica. Take care and concentrate on looking after yourself. Pleased to hear that Mrs ‘Tim’ is on a the mend at last. Have a restful Christmas and take care of each other. X X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, thanks. Doctor appointment Thursday. Mrs. Tim is Barbara. She is better.
    Had a bit of trouble with settings. Sorry. Now it will post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, I know you are a fan of the Pop a Bobbin shuttles and these earrings are perfect for the shuttles and I can see why you have done so many of them. They all look lovely.

    ReplyDelete