Tuesday, August 4, 2020

    It has been interesting  the last couple weeks. I watched the IOLI UnCon speeches. They were pretty good. One about the speaker touring Europe and meeting bobbin lacers was the one I liked the most. And yes, I am a member of IOLI. I don't bobbin lace though. I have thought about it, but I really like my tatting, knitting, crochet, ham radio, 3d printing and woodworking (to name a few). I don't need another hobby right now.
    Just like at most "conventions", ok - Tat Days - , they had some free patterns available for the convention goers even though it was all on Zoom. Mimi Dillman, the cluny expert, had one in the collection that I have to try, so here goes. (As if I don't have enough UFO's right now.) She has a heart pattern that is really nice. I will show it here when I finish it.


So far I have made just a few tallies from it to get back into doing clunies. I see that somehow I have a thread in the wrong place so I will just try again. You may remember the looms I made by 3D printing a few years ago. I am trying that and I am trying to do it on the hand. When the arthritis acts up, I use the loom. I finally can relax my "dead spider" enough that I am not stressing my hand so I find I can do it that way sometimes. It may take a little while to finish this though.

5 comments:

  1. Like Jane says your tallies look very good. I was the happy recipient of a loom from you at Tat Days. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for keeping at it. I did a couple of tallies with the loom you kindly sent me. I liked how easy it was to pause when my hand got fatigued. I'll be using it soon for a design idea I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tallies look so nice! I have the loom you gave me at Tat Days, but I haven't yet mastered clunies. Some day I'll take the time to learn them.

    ReplyDelete