Saturday, August 29, 2020

A Comedy Of Errors

    I finally got the 5th round done on Beatrix. You've seen that before. I was test tatting it for Jane Eborall. I got the testing done  but I still want to finish the doily. Right now it is about 6 1/2" across. Of course I am using King Tut thread. One more round to go. The color is a variegated green, King Tut # 988, Oasis.


   
Finishing this round was, as the title of the post says, a comedy of errors. I got to the end and found I had joined the last outer join to the wrong picot, one on the inside. That meant that if I went ahead and connected the last chain, then it would cross and twist and make a right mess. I got a little irritated and cut it from the ball and shuttle with an extra foot of thread on each, then put it down over night. This morning I picked it up to fix it.Since the place it joined was all chain, it was simple to undo, just pulling the core thread back out. Where the thread was really kinked I smoothed it with a fingernail. 

    Next I pinched the core thread in a Pop-A-Bobbin shuttle with no bobbin, just letting the pin lock it. That was easier than finger tatting this much. I recreated the chains and about halfway realized I had the thread coming out the wrong side of the shuttle. OK. Deal with it. I got to the end again and it still didn't look right. I was supposed to have 4-4. I didn't. I had used the wrong chain counts. There are two alternating counts. I had to undo that again and finally tat the correct chains. Now it is done. The extra thread I had left just guaranteed that I had enough to work with. Once it was sewn it, it came out pretty good. On to the next and final round! I wonder, how I can mess up that one?


1 comment:

  1. Well you got it sorted, that’s the main thing. Afterwards no one knows! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete