Tuesday, August 25, 2020

In the Mail

     You know, lately, our mail has gotten worse and worse. When I moved here 15 years ago it came at about 10 a.m. A few years later it got to 11 a.m., then 2 p.m., then 5 pm. In recent months it has come at 6 and 7. Once they even skipped delivering on this street. I know. I was watching. Last evening I checked the mail at 6:45. Nothing. And I know there was supposed to be at least one letter. I do use informed delivery and it shows what is in the mail. I went to bed about 7:30. I don't know what time it arrived.

 

    I got up this morning and went to get the paper at about 5 a.m. It was in the box, as usual. I reached into the mailbox to see if anything was delivered at all. The letter was there. And something I was not expecting just yet. I got 2 new shuttles! Pop-A-Bobbin, of course. If you have seen the Tat's Heaven blog you know that they got hold of some yew wood. That made the mail worth the wait. I am glad I thought to check it. Aren't they beautiful?

     I have to get some thread on them and play. See ya later!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh wow, glad the shuttles arrived safely, whatever the time! Have fun tatting with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our post has got more and more erratic over the years too, Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shuttles are beautiful! I received mine (just one) the day before yesterday. I have the best mail lady in the world! Her normal deliver time is 2, but she's been known to get here as early as 11:30. Move to rural Illinois, Tim. You can pay astronomical taxes, spend time tatting with my friend Denise and me, and you can get your mail delivered at a normal time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete