Monday, August 24, 2020

A Bookmark

    Just a simple bookmark. That's all. But in a metallic thread. I did this to remember why I don't like metallic thread. I signed up for a class at Tat Days and later found out metallic thread is required. OK. I will do it, but I won't like it. To me metallic thread is just aggravating to work with. It won't stay wound on the ball, you have to hold things together, and it tries to come off my little finger that I use for tension for chains. It feels "sticky" to work. To top it off, one ball unwound and several "ends" popped up. The thread is fragmented. 

 

    On the plus side, it is pretty. That's all. Pretty. I will do the class at Tat Days, then put this away somewhere. In someone else's stash, hopefully.

    Meanwhile, about 50 of us are attempting to do Tat Days this year. We are going overboard to try to be safe. Class sizes are very limited, we will wear masks, keep away from each other, and have a closed campus. We are also taking temperatures and filling out medical history forms. Well, maybe not a full medical history, but some questions like "have you been ill?". It should work. I will let you know. And I will say "Hi" to everyone for you.

7 comments:

  1. It is tricky to work with. I’m sure your bookmark shines though that doesn’t show in the photo. Enjoy Tat Days in spite of the precautions you need to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jane. They even figured out how to get everyone a full face shield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of metallic thread either. I hope you have a wonderful time at Tat Days! I sure wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of metallics either, Tim. Specially (I'm sad to say) the new Liz metallic. There's one, just one that I like that comes from Turkey but the supplier in the UK hasn't put in an order for at least a year or eighteen months for the colour I want. I'm bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find I need to use a different technique with metallics. Taking a workshop on stitching needlepoint in metallics taught me some useful tricks. Kinda like playing harpsichord rather than organ.
    Say hello to everyone at Tat Days. I wish you all a safe and healthy meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don’t forget about the fraying!
    Even with all that I do like it.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete