Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Serweta 1 Round 9 Done

    Finally. At last. I thought I had to make 24 of the motifs for this round. No, it was 25! I finally have them done. It took a little while because of things going on. I was in the hospital for 4 days. I demonstrated tatting to all the nurses! Yes, this doily. I did several of the motifs while I was there. I have been home a couple weeks now and finally got them done this morning.
    The doily measures 9" across at this point. I have 2 more rounds to go. I don't think those will take nearly as long. Making the motifs meant I had to join each separately. That also meant 50 tails to sew in. It wasn't really that bad. You make one, sew the 2 ends. Make another, sew the 2 ends. I will recommend one thing, though. Most of the motifs I started with the first 2 clover sections, then joined the 3rd, 4th and 5th to the doily.  For the last one, I started with what was the 2nd, or outermost, clover, then joined the next 4. Why? Because it was easier to to the last join. The last join on all of them is a folded join. This one was easy because that clover was not attached to the rest of the doily, so to speak. It made it simple.
    Why was I in the hospital? Something I never heard of called cellulitis. They said it is a staph infection. I know it spread up my leg fast. I was on antibiotic IV for 4 days then home with antibiotic. I have another week to take them, but the staph is gone. It just left a big place on my leg that was a blister, so to keep it from getting infected while it heals, more pills. Oh, well. Orders are keep the leg elevated. Guess what I am doing in the recliner!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you’ve been ill. You made good use of your downtime though. Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had cellulitis too. Not a fun time! The IV antibiotic I was on blew out my vein every single day. They finally had to put in a pik line.

    I was stupid and WORKED the whole time I was in the hospital - I'll never do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you’re home safely and healing well. Your ‘adventure’ was one that I suggest you don’t repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, I am glad to know your doing better and the cool bonus is getting to tat 😃 I did a doily from Ben Fikkert and it had tons of separate motifs. Its annoying but after a couple of motifs you get this great confidence I guess cause its memorize. 💮 This it truly beautiful and worth taking to a tatting event or fair. Also I few years ago I got a staff infection and looking back my blood sugar was through the roof I didn't know it had that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're on the mend, and I'm glad you have something to occupy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're back to your new normal soon. It always amazes me how connected our bodies are. I know you will conquer your health challenges so you can be active and have time to tat.

    ReplyDelete