Thursday, March 12, 2020

Lately ... Doily Update

    I have been working on it. The Doily. Serweta 1. I am almost half way around round 10. Round 10 is not hard but it is a little floppy. It only connects at two points on each repetition so I a working "in the air" a lot. It is not bad, though. I have put a tape across so you can get an idea of how big it is. There will be one more round after this one. It should end up under 11".
  
    Spring is starting to rear its head around here. The trees are starting to bud and of course, the grass is growing. Tuesday I decided to cut the grass. I did the neighbor's yard too. Remember, I was in the hospital last month. He helped me out with things during those days, so I returned the favor. Funny thing was, though, that when I ran the mower (I have a rider mower) by his mailbox it bumped it slightly. Really. Very slight bump. And his mailbox fell apart. Off the post. So I built him a new post and put a new box on it. He really, really needed it. Even the mailman said so. I put it in the hole and concreted it. Should last him until he retires.It doesn't look level, but the level I used says it is. The photo looks off. The red post is actually tilted to the left.
    I did go back later that day and put the new mailbox on it. Now you know why I don't tat 24/7.

9 comments:

  1. I'd rather tat than mow grass, but it does need to be done! Your doily is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like mowing grass but tatting is better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice neighbor. Thanks for making the world a better place. Your doily looks great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One job leads to another! The doily is coming along wonderfully. Do you think size 80 thread is floppier than 20 or 40?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not as it would not be as long. This King Tut is a little smaller than that. I am told it is around size 120. I know it is smaller than DMC100.

      Delete
  5. Spring has sprung here too. I hope you don't overdo but good on you for helping out with the lawn and mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a good man, Tim.

    Hope you have recovered well - and don't get that covid-19!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so tiny, and great that you placed the measuring tape and shuttles beside it its a beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous mailbox post! And your doily is exquisite! That's a lovely colorway. I'm glad you're up and about again.

    ReplyDelete