Monday, December 31, 2018

Please Excuse My Tears

    Please excuse my tears. I cannot see very well right now so if I type something wrong, I cannot help it. I have lost my best friend.
    You have all seen my avatar, the little dog. That is Sandy. I found her one morning running in the middle of the road. I picked her up and took her home, then went to work. That evening the wife and I canvassed the neighborhood to see who lost her, but no one knew anything about her for blocks around. One lady, across from where I found her, said that people drop animals around there because across the street is a swamp. I kept her. Sweetest little dog I ever had.
    At her last visit to the vet in August I was told she had an enlarged heart and that it was so big her lungs could not get enough air. We put her on medications. The prognosis was 6 months to a year. 
    When I got home today, I got down with her and petted her and talked to her, then went into my office for a few minutes. She came in and I got down with her again for a bit. She got up and went to the living room, then crawled into her bed. She had waited for me to get home from work to say goodbye.
    She died today at 6 1/2 years old. Too young. Pardon me, I need a handkerchief.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Tim. So sad. Anyone who has lost a beloved pet knows your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet to get the 6 and 1/2 years with a wonderful little friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ll miss her. She was lucky to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She knew it was time for her to go, dogs and cats seem to sense this. It's very sad, but a lovely validation of your love for this little dog. I cried for three months when our cat died and have never been able to have another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got in tears too. Sorry for your news it’s worse than losing a member of the family. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim, i’m so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful,wonderful companion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart goes out to you. Sob..Sob...I need a handkerchief too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss. Loss is never easy. Comforting thoughts for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let the tears dry out but keep the memories alive. Hugs, Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Tim, I'm so sorry. We love our pets dearly. And I know she gave you a lot of pleasure - and that you gave her a good life. Small comfort, but it's something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sympathies, Tim. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. They hold spots in our hearts forever. I hope you have great memories to keep them afresh once the tears slow down. Have a good cry -- they're so cathartic. We'll cry right along with you. <3

    ~Heidi in MN

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll send a virtual hug to you each day. I know it won't make up for your loss. But, perhaps will help you to pick up and go on. Keep tatting and reaching out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very sad. I can't even think of anything to say.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much to everyone. I am slowly getting over it. I do miss her around the house though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sad about your little sweetheart. I know it's probably opening old wounds, but I just found your blog. I rely heavily on my pets, and my old lady is about 12 now. Makes me nervous. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete