Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Well, The Colors Are Different

    If you look at Craftree you will find that I am working on a doily that was the 2015 Mystery Tat-Along. I want to show you this now because of the thread color. I am tatting this in King Tut, #941, Old Giza. I was not sure how it would come out, but the colors are interesting, to say the least. It is a very busy blend. Since King Tut is a quilting thread, I can see where this would have applications quilting over some busy print fabrics. In this photo I am about 2/3 the way finished and the doily is about 3"3/4 across.

    The challenge I set for myself for this one is to do it in continuous tatting. So far, so good.

4 comments:

  1. Love it even though it’s a ‘busy’ thread the design still shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tatting with King Tut! Maybe in the new year I can work on perfecting my split rings and chains so that I can tat continuously. I have too many goals for the time available to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice thread! I have a spool of black & white quilting thread the company named piano keys. I must try out something like this with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The interesting thing is that the further you go, the less muddled the thread colour appears, it develops its own unity. I like it.

    ReplyDelete