Thursday, April 25, 2024

Back To Business

 

    I finally finished round 15 of the doily. We are finally getting some warmer days and I can sit on my deck, where the light is better, (sun). This is Renulek's 2020 Spring Napkin. It is the one I am "slowly" making for a friend, when I don't get distracted. It is not neat at present because I have not done any blocking or ironing. The lower left looks a little out of kilter but later that will block out.

    I finished this round by getting to the middle of the last chain, then doing a split chain so I could climb out with the chain in round 16. The entire round looks like what you see in the photo, a chain with a (floating?, thrown?) ring. What is the correct term? Anyone?

    Those of you who know me know I prefer Pop-A-Bobbin shuttles. The darker one is rosewood and the lighter one is cedar. I have a couple dozen of these and I do not have all the woods that they are available in. It has been a while since I bought any, though, and I need to see if Nick is still making them. What I would like to do is figure out what woods I do not have and order those to complete the collection.

4 comments:

  1. I think Jane Eborall calls it a ring on chain, which is pretty clear! Looking good. I didn’t get to my Spring 2024 last week, I need to regain momentum. Beautiful shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do, Jane!!! Thrown and floating are new terms and to me they don’t say what it is which is a ring on a chain!!!! I’ll tell Sally you’re after more shuttles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ring on chain is the term I prefer, but I do find myself using the other terms simply because others are using them. Your doily looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! I've seen both floating ring and thrown ring used. I tend to use "floating ring" myself, or "ring made using shuttle 2".

    ReplyDelete