Sunday, April 14, 2024

New Store In Town

     We had a new Michael's Crafts store open this past Friday. I was the 3rd customer in the door. I went early to see what they have. There were just 2 other people waiting and we chatted until they opened the doors. When I went in, they asked if I was looking for anything  in particular. Of course, I said tatting. They said "What's that." I am sorry, but I have to be an ambassador for tatting everywhere so I pulled out the phone and started showing them tatted items. They were amazed, but unfortunately, the only tatting related items they have is beads. I found a few things  could use. The lady helping me was quite nice and when I got to the checkout, another lady was also very helpful. Well, I cannot let that go so I asked them what colors and made these for them.



 

    And now you know what I am doing while I am watching The Masters golf tournament.

5 comments:

  1. Nice. Corina Meyfeldt has designed one of my favorite earring patterns. These two ladies are going to remember the opening day forever with this wonderful reward. You're very thoughtful and generous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Corina Meyfeldt has designed one of my favorite earring patterns. These two ladies will remember the opening day forever with this lovely reward. You're very thoughtful and generous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, lovely gesture. I hope it’ll encourage them to get some tatting supplies in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wonderful earrings and so generous of you to gift them! I'm sure the recipients will remember what tatting is always.
    How lucky to get a new Michael's store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to see this store. Before, I had to go to Myrtle Beach to go to Michael's. Or Columbia. Both are about an hour away.

      Delete