Sunday, February 9, 2020

Serweta 1 Round 8

     I went to the monthly meeting of the Palmetto Tatters Guild yesterday. I got there first so I just sat and tatted until someone else showed up. Then I helped bring in the essentials and went back to tatting. We had a good time and there was even someone new to meet. I like to meet other tatters.
    The lesson was making a tatted elastic bracelet. I did not make that one. I just would not wear it and don't currently have anyone to give it to. I kept the pattern so I could do it later. What I did do was finish round 8 on the doily I have been working. Here is a photo. It is on a towel. I ironed it so the outer loops wouldn't twist.

    This doily has been slow. I am sure now that if I tat a lot my shoulder will let me know it was too much. I was right. I finished it off just after I got home and all night the shoulder kept me awake. It was worth it, though. Round 8 is done and now to round 9. I hope to post a picture of that soon. It is medallions around the outside of round 8. It will probably take a while.
    Serweta 1 is what the book calls it. I think serweta means doily in Polish. Google says tablecloth. Maybe it is a tablecloth. I am doing it in King Tut so the thread is tiny. In size 20 it will be a lot bigger. I did try translating it backwards. It seems that doily in Polish is serwetka. Perhaps K in the spelling is a diminuative, like "little tablecloth"? Here is one of the great things about tatting. It is international and you can learn new things about languages. I never let a language keep me from getting a new tatting book.

3 comments:

  1. This is simply gorgeous, Tim. I’m now wondering if I could tackle something as tiny as that too. Hmmmm, maybe knot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the language books and tatting it all becomes part of the puzzling tatting experience 😁 your doily is beautiful ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I enjoyed your language musings. I hope someone can clear it all up for you.

    ReplyDelete