Monday, January 20, 2020

Still Here and a Little Better

    Yes, I am still here. It has been a few days since I posted so I thought I would update on the doily I am doing. I have not been going full tilt on it so my shoulder can rest a bit. I have gotten more done than I realized, though. No, I have not ironed or blocked anything yet.

     I am a little over halfway on round 8 of 10. I forgot to put the tape measure in the photo, but the doily measures 7 inches across for this round. Round 8 is not hard, but the one thing a bit "unusual" is that when you make a loop of 11 rings,  then you have a chain to connect to the next 2 picots. Because of the direction it curves, you make the last ring of the loop, reverse work and switch shuttles, letting the one you have been making rings with become the "ball" thread. Once that chain is done, switch back and carry on with the next loop of rings. I don't know about you, but I think little things like that make tatting more interesting.

6 comments:

  1. Looking good and I agree it's fun to work it out in your mind first and sometimes it is easier 🦋

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! One of my "topics" that tatters will hear alot in the Sunnyvale workshop next April is that pictures, written directions, diagrams all help, but make notes and consider more than one method of working a pattern. Another thought they will hear: the knot doesn't care how you make it, the thread just wants to be lace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little mental gymnastics is good for us! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting design and yes the rings do add an effect look forward to seeing how the pattern works out

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what all teachers of tatted lace will tell their participants. PattiD maintains the same about the double knot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! I was wrong about reversing work. It's not needed.

    ReplyDelete