Monday, November 4, 2019

More Knitted Hat

    I told you I was a slow knitter. I can only do a few rows then stop a bit. I am not in a speed contest and don't really care. I did look at some videos on YouTube about the fastest knitters. They do appear to use the continental method, but, as I said, I just don't seem to be able to get the feel of it.


The question here for the day is, am I knitting correctly? Not the stitches, but I seem to knit inside out. The photo above is the inside of the cap.

    The second photo shows the outside. You can see the cables on it. But which way is correct? I have seen discussions that talk about that issue and it seems that I knit on the "away" side of the piece instead of on the "near" side. I don't know that it makes much difference once it is done.
    Does anyone else do that? Oh, and the camouflage color does it's job. Hard to see the cables.

4 comments:

  1. Well if you're knitting for pleasure rather than meeting a deadline, why aim for speed? Hmm, I've never heard of knitting inside out, boggles my mind a bit. But if it works for you, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who knit/crochet slow and are content generally are the ones that aren't in pain from injuries. Knit on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to find my mojo with continental knitting but now I’ve ‘got there’ I won’t be going back to my old ways as I’m finding it less painful to do. My old way was slow and involved a lot more arm/hand movements. Stick with what you like, Tim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your knitting looks great and who would know that it was knitted “inside outl? I’ve never heard of this but so what? The knot/stitch does not care how it’s made, right? If it gives you pleasure, that’s what it’s all about...

    ReplyDelete