Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tat Days Is Coming

    Tat Days is coming and I am ready! No, I didn't prepare for it. I mean I need the break. This has been a busy summer. Getting the yard cleaned up, replaced part of the ramp at the deck, Wired my shop. I am digging a trench for the power cable by hand. I am too cheap to rent the machine for $200. Anyway, ready for a break.

    I have almost finished the Juliana doily that I am test-tatting. I think it may go on my dresser when all is done. I saw where there was going to be a class by Jane Eborall to teach her llama, so I made this one.

    This is a really good lesson. You will learn to do an SCMR, but I think the biggest take-away will be the join in the "second half" of the split ring. Some people have a bit of trouble with that. This will be a good project to learn it, even though there is only one place it occurs.
    Know what was nice? I have been making the Juliana doily in size 20. I did the llama in King Tut. I do like my fine threads!

8 comments:

  1. Can’t wait to see you again, Tim. We have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't teaching during the llama class, I'd be signed up! I'm so looking forward to Tat Days! Next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am in your class during the llama class.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss seeing you and all of my other tatting friends this year. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like fine threads too. Like the Llama

    ReplyDelete