Sunday, May 12, 2019

Alternate Threads

    As I said last time, now I have time to try new things. Here are more samples from the Alternate Threads book. I am working straight through the book from front to back and I want to do each sample as presented. I think Randy and Gary have it in a pretty progressive order.



     I am starting to get the hang of doing this. I still have not figured out how to get the picot gauges in there yet, but one thing at a time. I did, though, decide to make it a bit more difficult. At Tat Days last year I purchased 4 of their shuttles. I am learning how to use them as I work through the book.



    They are fiddly at first, to say the least. I keep having to work that screw to get thread. Like Randy said, though, it's practice. It is getting to be a bit easier each time and I am developing my own technique. Later in the book he talks about the double bobbin shuttles. That should really get interesting!

4 comments:

  1. I have one of there shuttles and it so pretty but my hands can't work them right so I do this thing with shuttles I love but don't use and I retire them 😀 I will be seeing them in couple of months and will watch how they are using them. I am interested in the double bobbin post too👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... another book for me to purchase? I'm going to watch your progress with great interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be, Diane. Do you have any of his shuttles? I only have the 4 of them. He has several types in wood. Mine are Ebony, Resin (the white one), Rosewood and Apple.

      Delete