Sunday, May 26, 2019

A Rainbow

    I am starting another pattern today, well, yesterday. I hope to finish it today or tomorrow. Should not take too long. It is a simple pattern, but I am learning from simplicity.
    Nancy Tracy has a book out, 'Tat's Where I Stopped', that has wonderfully imaginative bookmarks in it. I have decided to do one of them. These are themed to the months of the year so there are 12 patterns. I am doing March. It is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Here is my pot of gold. The red ring is the start of the rainbow. I will post that when I get it done, probably tomorrow. In Nancy's pattern, the shamrock is green. I wanted a pot of gold, not a pot of green, so mine is gold. I just happened to have the Lizbeth gold color on hand.
    Lesson 1. Sorry it is a little off kilter, but not that bad. I am starting to remember to scan these instead of photograph them. You get truer colors and it is easier to set up without reflections.
    Lesson 2 is at the top corner of the pot. There are thrown rings on chains. Now, when I see a pattern with thrown rings, I wind up 2 shuttles. In her book she says she does not care to use 2 shuttles all the time and to just use a shoelace trick to reverse the threads. I had never thought of doing that. Pure genius! It works a treat and I only had to use one shuttle and the ball.
    Lesson 3. I need to remember that if it is only rings and chains, don't cut the thread from the ball. Now I have to reattach the thread and that means tails to hide. I have to remember CTM more! Too late for this project, but next time.
    Now see! I am learning.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your rainbow. I like the concept of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s looking soooo good, Tim. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that book too! I should go back and try this one.

    ReplyDelete