Tuesday, November 13, 2018

My Hat

    I have a favorite TV show. It is a British comedy by the title "Last of the Summer Wine. It is about 3 older men, retired, no wife any longer for whatever reason, and their second childhood antics. I think is it the best comedy I have ever seen. (I know others have their own opinion.) There is one character they call Compo. In the show he wears a knit cap. I checked around online and found a pretty close pattern. This one is my first try. I do have a few mistakes, but if it gets cold, I don't think I will care.
    At least it is in my favorite color - green.

6 comments:

  1. Now the question is.... do you have a Nora Batty as well??? That show was set in Holmfirth in West Yorkshire and in our opinion is just Brilliant!! When our son was little we actually saw them filming an episode! He recognised Compo from his wellies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would wear one of Nora's hats. I do want Norm's flat cap. I have the complete set of the show on dvd, all 295 episodes. I am working my way thru them, one per night. I am almost up to "Elegy For Fallen Wellies", the show where Compo dies. It will be sad. I do want to go to the British Isles sometime. Holmfirth is on my itinerary, if I ever get the time and ability.

      Delete
  2. It looks pretty good to me! I've been thinking about hats as well, but thinking is as far as I've gotten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that show. Never thought of making a hat from it though. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a British person, your description of the Last of the summer wine was in my opinion very good, yes three silly old men doing draft things, although there was a couple more who do join in from time to time. I won’t spoil it for you, but the older ones in our opinion are the better ones.
    Great hat at least you will be warm when it gets cold.
    If you ever come to Britain I’m near Bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have watched this show off and on since the 70's. I agree that the older ones were better. After Compo died (Bill Owen died) I think it was ok, but not the same.
      One of these days I really want to go to Britain, but, working 12 hour days really does not allow a lot. And the wife is infirm these days, so I don't get to go out like I would like to. If I do, though, I will give you fair warning. Thanks!

      Delete