Sunday, November 11, 2018

Finally! No More Mess!

    This one is not about tatting. You may remember that 2 years ago Hurricane Matthew decided to pay a visit to this area. The wind was not so bad, about 75-80 miles per hour at the most. The bad part was it dumped 14"+ rain. What happened then was trees could not hold on because the ground was so wet. They may as well be planted in sand. Combined with the wind, the rain made it so they just fell over. The worst one for me was an oak in the back yard. It was 75-100 feet high and 40" thick. It has taken me 2 years to get it cleaned up, but finally it is done. Here are just a few pictures of the progression. The dumpster holds 20 cubic yards of material. I loaded 3 of them.














    It took so long because I am not longer the perfect physical specimen I used to be. (Yeah. Right.) One thing for sure. Getting old sucks. Now if I can just get some grass planted next spring.

6 comments:

  1. THREE dumpsters filled? That's an awful lot of stuff and a lot of hard work. Well done. Hope the grass grows for you in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must’ve been scary having a tree that big fall. You’ll be glad to have it cleared away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels so good to finally get a big project like that done! Back to your regularly scheduled programs, eh?

    ~Heidi (in MN)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little by little, and it eventually gets done. Good luck with your grass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must feel so releaved! And are reaching for the Emu cream. Our tree took less time to clear, but we still haven't planted in the area. The water shortage makes it difficult to justify anything like grass. So, what to plant????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably plant some mixed seed I have. It has various varieties. Actually, I am thinking of having another, larger, shed built there. I need a shop to work in and to store tools.

      Delete