Friday, August 17, 2018

SCMR Earrings

    It has been a while. The last few weeks have been really busy for me for some reason. Seems there has been non-stop something coming up that needs doing, so I really have not done a lot of tatting.
    Last month, at the Palmetto Tatters Guild meeting, we made earrings designed by Shawna Wachs. These are cute and I have already passed them to a friend. She wears them. They are really good practice for working with SCMR's, though. The entire thing is done in chains. I had never seen beads with 2 holes in the same direction, but that is how these work. You make the chain as SCMR, then pass the loop through the bead and close it. That makes only half the "ring", but you go around and do the other side too. You can make these in under an hour. I will find out if I am allowed to pass the pattern or not. I do respect copyrights.

    Tomorrow is the next meeting of the guild. We will be putting together things for Tat Days. It should be a fun day with lots of chatting and fellowship as we work. I am looking forward to it. Then, in just a couple more weeks, TAT DAYS! Yeah, I do tend to get excited.

4 comments:

  1. They are lovely earrings and I too have been very busy. Your planning meeting sounds fun take care😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I hope you can share the pattern! I did this with SCMR technique with some bracelets I made modifying a Mary Konior pattern also known as Kersti"s bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful earrings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely earrings, I do love those beads with 2 holes!

    ReplyDelete