Saturday, January 13, 2018

A Horse of a Different Color

    This is the second horse for the carousel. I only have one side done. This thing has fought me all the way. I don't know why. The blue one was easy. This one - well, not easy at all. I think I started the saddle 6 times. I kept messing up. Then I would work along adding the white part and something would go wrong. Several times I had to un-tat to fix problems. It took me a while, but I finally got it. Maybe it's the meds I am taking for the sciatica. That would be my best guess. I hope the second side is not a fight. I am tired of fighting something that I should be enjoying.


    One of the problems I had that was easy to fix was that I forgot to make a join. I made a picot there instead. Then I tatted a few more rings and chains. Nope. I'm not gonna undo all that just for a join. So I did it the old fashioned way. I tied it and hid the ends. Unless you really look for it, you won't see it.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me 😄looks like you are moving steady with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your struggle doesn’t show, it’s splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely horse, we all go though those moments when nothing goes right, you would not think so looking at the horse

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you can smile every time you look at the white horse with the red saddle. Because you know! I'm looking forward to seeing more of it!

    ReplyDelete