I have tried to follow the pattern and photos shown in the book to make the floor of the carousel, but now I am pressed hard to make a choice. If you look at the last round I have done you will see it is not really laying very well. Sure, it is flat, but before I pinned and blocked it, it tried to cup severely. The rings are pulled , not round. The pattern is calling for increases in the counts of the rings of about 12 rings per round. I don't think 12 is going to increase it enough. I do not know how it was done originally, but I counted her photo and that is what she had done.
If I continue, she says use 84 rings around. I have done a little math and measuring and I come up with 108 rings at this point. Perhaps I am missing something, but I have tried to be careful. It just isn't adding up. I think I will adjust and press on. Perhaps I should make some of the ride ornaments, like the swan or horse, to compare sizes so I get the floor the right size.
Also, at the rate this is going, I don't think it will be ready this year. Not a problem there. It will be done when it is done. Things like this do make me want to stop though. Perhaps a break.