Friday, August 16, 2024

Renulek's 2020 Spring Napkin - Done!

 

    It took a while. I finally got this one complete yesterday. The last round has 32 repeats. I was able to get to a couple per day, so it went pretty quick. At least for me. This measures 24" (61 cm.) across. There are 18 rounds. Two shuttles required.

    The friend I am making this for came by a couple weeks ago but never mentioned it, even though it was in plain sight. I wonder if he even remembers it. He is getting married end of August, though, so that may be his wedding gift. He originally wanted it for his mother but as it got larger he started saying he may keep it. I did make his fiancee a pair of wave earrings (Corina Meyfeldt's pattern) and she loved them so she will probably like this. Perhaps this would look good on their dining table. 

    Because it took so long, the center had started to get dingy. I took care of that by soaking in Orvus and a half teaspoon of bleach in a half gallon of water for an hour, then I laid it out and sprayed it with Oxyclean. No more dingy. Then I laid it out in the sun for a couple of hours. Finally, I lightly steam ironed it. No starch and it lays pretty well. Now the question is how do I "package" it to be given to someone?

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. You've done a wonderful job of tatting this. To wrap, I've used white tissue paper on top of a piece of cardstock (the thin white cardboard stuff that kids used to use to make posters). Lay at least a couple sheets of the white tissue paper on top of the cardstock, and the doily on top of the 'stack.' You may want a piece of tissue paper underneath the cardstock, too. *Carefully* roll the cardstock/tissue paper/doily 'sandwich' (so you don't inadvertently get wrinkles) into a tube shape, making sure that the doily is surrounded by paper and cardstock on all sides. Tape the 'roll' closed. Tuck the excess tissue paper carefully into the tube (making sure not to wrinkle anything) OR trim it all even with the cardstock - making sure not to cut the doily - and wrap the whole tube with pretty paper. I don't allow anything but white tissue paper to touch the doily, no matter what color doily I'm wrapping.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congratulations, it looks wonderful! It will make an excellent wedding gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I suggest a way to package it? One word - carefully!!!!! Good luck with that although I do find that tissue paper is worth a consideration.

    ReplyDelete