Sunday, May 3, 2020

Another Serweta (2)

     I hope everyone is OK. I am fine, just trying to stay busy. I get to tat a lot more now. I have been working on a few things that I cannot post because they are part of the TAT program. I did decide to do a couple other things lately though.
    The last one I posted was Serweta 1, that tan doily I finished last month. I have started another one of the Stawasz doilies. It is Serweta 2 from the same book, Tatted Treasures. (The red covered one.) This is a photo scanned with round 2 just done. On to round 3 later today. In King Tut thread, of course.
    This one will take a while also. It should be about the same size, though I am not sure. It says 41cm in the book. That's 16". It says size 20. I think the first one was about the same in size 10. I will just have to see what happens.
    Do you see the "technique" needed to do this one? How do you throw a ring from a ring? It comes off the second side of a split ring. That is round 2. Round 3 is the same but the thrown rings will interlock with the tiny picots on round 2. Like I said, it will take a little while to do this one. If I have to stay home, though, I can't think of a better way to spend time.
    Oh, by the way, I was challenged to do Jane Eborall's Medina in King Tut. Here is the bow. I dont have a picture of it with the "angels gown" yet because it needs pressed and I just have not done that yet. I did ask what size this was in #40 Lizbeth. It was 4". Mine is 2 3/4" in King Tut.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. I love doing rings on split rings. I remember lying in the bath many years ago and working out how to do it. I came up with the idea and found out some years later that Georgia had too - around the same time!!!! I bet there are many more people who did the same thing too.
    I can’t imagine how you’re going to do those lock chains with King Tut - and remain sane!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They bow is beautiful and I so wanted to try this too but I am working on 3 projects at same time. I think it look fantastic in the smaller thread. As for your first picture that does look tricky and sometimes I took love a challenge and I guess nows the time for this๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do love a challenge, don't you, Tim? I knew you'd be tatting Medina in King Tut! I haven't gotten around to re-tatting the tails. Mine look awful, and I know it's because I was tatting while talking with Dave. The first half was fine, and then I got lost. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Diane, Picotsnkeys almost dared me. And I will have to redo the tails. I missed something and didn't do a few of the joins.

      Delete
  4. Well done!! I really didn't mean to through down a gauntlet of a dare. Just that your tatting in King Tut always looks fabulous and the pattern needed fabulous. I can see so many places where a tatted bow would be a special addition. Especially tatted by you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it wasn't a dare, but it called my attention to it, so I had to do it. I do have to do the "skirt" part over. I really messed it up. Not paying attention will do that.

    ReplyDelete