Saturday, April 13, 2019

Finished Tatting the Crown

    I have finished with tatting the crown. It took a while. There have been some changes here so I had to deal with that. I retired. I have been repairing things at home. I am taking more care of the wife. I installed Windows 11. OK, there is no Windows 11. Anyway, I am just busy, busy, so it took a while.
    You can see the tatting is done, but I still have to block it out. I have given it a light pressing with a craft iron so it will start to have shape. Next I will find a pot and probably some clear glue mixed with water. Probably not today.

    About the Windows 11, I have been threatening to do this. There is no Windows 11 yet, but I am sick of Windows 10. It downloads updates behind your back, won't let you refuse them, reboots the computer when IT wants, even if you are in the middle of something. On top of that it sends loads of information back to Microsoft. So, I did something about it. I am posting this on my Linux computer. I installed Linux and removed Windows. It is faster, only updates if I want it to, and there is no "company" to report my information to. It is different, but not that hard to learn. I have it working pretty well now. If you are interested then Google Linux Mint.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations the crown is stunning and a fun thing to have watched you make on line.❤️👑❤️As far as windows go I will never be able to comment on that kind of stuff to "out of my league"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crown turned out really well, congratulations! Good for you for acting on your misgivings about Windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crown is absolutely beautiful, I love the design. Congrats on the switch to Linux, I'd do it too but still need to access windows apps, so I am stuck with it for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completing your crown! I have pulled out my book and looked at the directions, but that's about it. As for Windows 10, I have to deal with it at school, and I find I spend more time waiting for my computer than I do actually using it. I'm not completely satisfied with my Mac at home, either. I still can't get Blogger to work the way it did before I updated to Mojave. Sometimes I wish they'd leave good enough alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my did you say you retired? now that is big news and many changes are still to come. I do like the crown, nice to have a project behind you. When you are done around the house come by as I need a handyman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on retirement! I'm so jealous - every Monday I think about calling in sick because I'm SICK of work and retirement is still a few years away for me.

    I like Linux. My sons run a version of Ubuntu which is a very pleasant and stable desktop, small footprint and not buggy. Also not prone to viruses! I have to stay on Win 10 for work, but I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And when you finish with Bernice's list, head my way.

    Congratulations, Tim! I can't wait to see you model it in person! Congrats on the retirement, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the retirement! Now you'll be REALLY busy!!!
    And congrats on the Linux. I like it better too, but I'm just not that good at programming. So, I stick with what I can fix myself. Oh, and the crown is stunning. Will it be coming to Tat Days?

    ReplyDelete