Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Coming Along With the Crown

    My crown is coming along. After restarting a few times and especially restarting this round 4 times, I am finally getting it. I kept doing stupid stuff like leaving out stitches in the chain that have to be there or it looks lopsided and cannot join. Instead of untatting it, it was simpler to start over. This is the furthest I have gotten and now I am in the swing of it, getting it right.
     The hardest part lately is getting time to work on it. I try to do it in the mornings, before work, but often I have other things that need doing. Life definitely happens!
    Thanks to Jane Eborall for teaching the vsp in her TIASes (Is that correct?). My vsp's are just barely big enough to get my #12 crochet hook through. It looks better though.



    I have three repeats done. There are 11 total. then there will be the nightmare of blocking it and stiffening it to stand upright. I think I will put this one on display at Tat Days this September. Other than that, I have no plans for it. I just always wanted to make it.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! Persistence can pay off! I'm also finding it difficult to find time to tat lately, mainly because I'm flitting between other projects. I do find that finding time to tat even for a little bit each day helps keep me sane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am struggling with time management too, and then tatting is last because it is the reward for doing other tasks 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with that, Carolyn. Get your work done, then you can relax and tat. That's what I do, too.

      Delete
  3. It’s looking great, Tim. Can’t wait to see it finished at Palmetto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely crown! I'm always excited to see something appear from the shuttles. I can't wait to see it at Palmetto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely, you've been brave to start it again! For stiffening, probably you could try to put it around the right pot, protected with a film. Don't use the pot for cooking ;-) in the meanwhile!

    ReplyDelete