Friday, January 26, 2024

Bird Feeder


 

     I am tired of the squirrels stealing all the bird food I put out. I hung it from hooks, trees, the eave of the house and still they found a way. Now I have it licked.

    I drew up a plan on the computer, then went out to my wood shop and made this feeder. Took a couple of hours. Then I installed it. It is about 6' off the ground and at least that far from the eave of the roof, on the front of my shop. They cannot jump to it or climb to it. Just what I wanted. It is not fancy but it works. And the birds like it too! Now I can help them through the winter. The squirrels can have the 26 million acorns in the yard.

3 comments:

  1. I like the simplicity of your design, Tim. Wish I lived closer to you as I’d ask you to make me one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! We have a feeder for little birds, which doves insist on forcing themselves into. Your solution wouldn’t work for that though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been almost 2 decades and for the last 15 years only squirrels occupy our bird house, LOL. In fact they treat it as a temporary retreat or transition house, with bag and baggage!

    ReplyDelete