Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Face of a Madman?

    This is another hobby I am learning. Being a spaceman. NO! I put a wood shop in my shed out back and I go out there to play when I am not tatting or knitting. We all need something different now and then. I don't do it a lot yet, but I go out when the mood strikes. It is nice in the shop. Quiet and alone.

    Did I say quiet? Well, no one bothering me. It is far from quiet. That is why I wear hearing protection. Start a table saw in a 16x20 foot room and you will see how quiet it is. Along with the dust collector, which is a large industrial vacuum.
    In my picture, I have on eye protection, hearing protection and breathing protection. The cutting equipment generates a lot of fine sawdust that I just don't need to breathe. And chips can fly into the eyes. I need those to see what I am tatting.
    I just wanted to post a picture to show how silly I look. But the personal protection devices do help keep me safe. I am already worn out. I don't need more problems!
    Oh, the hearing protection is a commercial type. It has built in noise reduction, a radio and bluetooth. I am usually listening to an episode of Last of the Summer Wine playing on the computer while I work.

9 comments:

  1. Good thing to protect yourself, whatever it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you can hear anything while in the shop working! All I can say if there were protective wear against a crochet hook when joining I would wear it!! I've ruined tatting from that little beast ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That headset I wear knocks out most of the noise in the shop. It is probably as good or better than the ones shooters use. Mostly I hear the story I am listening to. I can hear the machines, but very low sound.

      Delete
  3. Beam me up, Scotty - the aliens have arrived and also send for Dr Who tooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a Halloween costume! Dave has started wearing goggles... sometimes. Maybe the rest will come in time.

    ReplyDelete