Friday, November 3, 2023

And Now, For Something Completely Different

 

I almost never crochet. If I cannot tat, I would rather knit. I just think they are easier. I have been seeing the term "amigurumi" around a lot, so for a change of pace. I thought I would give it a go. I am obviously not a professional at crochet, but I think it will turn out ok. So far I have Snoopy's head done. The worst of it was stitching the mouth on. I will do the body, legs, arms, and tail, probably in that order, then attach to the head and add the collar. The pattern does not call for the spot on the back. I am trying to decide if I should crochet it into the body or add it later. And yes, I am still working on the doily.

Oh, and doesn't the word amigurumi sound like you want a French friend (ami) to teach (guru) you (mi)? Almost?

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love doing Amigurumi too. I have quite a few mice running around the house!!! How big is your Snoopy going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if my last comment got ‘through’ but just wanted to say how much I love Amigurumi too. How big will your Snoopy be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern says 4" but the head is that already. Probably 9-10 inches. I'm not using the best yarn for this. It's what I had. Peaches and cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that a cotton yarn? I usually use a four ply weight yarn for my little mice. In fact I need to make a few for a Christmas present - thanks for the reminder!!!

      Delete
  4. And now this thing wont let me sign in properly so I'm anonymous. - Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is 100% cotton, but not particularly soft or stretchy. Mostly I use it to make things like dishrags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s what I use that yarn for too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amigurumi is cute. Your Snoopy head looks very nice! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are healed up enough to tat. .... and crochet.

    ReplyDelete